, Philippines
Photo by Pixabay: https://www.pexels.com/photo/coca-cola-cans-and-glasses-with-lines-50593/

Aboitiz Equity, Coca-Cola Europacific to acquire Philippines’ Coca-Cola distributor

The transaction is targeted to be completed in the first quarter of 2024.

Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV) and the Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Plc (CCEP) entered a definitive deal to acquire the exclusive bottler and distributor of the Coca-Cola Company in the Philippines.

In a disclosure, AEV said it will own 40% of Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines, Inc. (CCBPI), whilst CCEP will hold the remaining 60% under the proposed acquisition.

ALSO READ: AboitizPower extends energy supply partnership with WalterMart

The proposed acquisition values CCBPI at $1.8b on a “debt-free, cash-free basis,” with the final cash consideration subject to cash, debt-like and working capital adjustments at the completion.

“The transaction is subject to a number of customary closing conditions, including clearance from the Philippine Competition Commission,” it said.

Follow the link for more news on

Join Retail Asia community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

Top News

Amazon expands employee assistance programme to children
This allows children of its Singapore employees to seek mental health support for free.
Australian consumers trust in purpose-driven brands
Bunnings is the most trusted brand for customer experience excellence in Australia 2020-2023.
FairPrice to offer discount offsetting GST raise
The discount will be implemented on national brands and house-brand groceries.


ZALORA seizes opportunity in revenge tourists’ purchasing power
The e-commerce platform added more travel-related items catering to the rise in travel searches from customers.
Why retailers should pick up the pace of AI adoption
Analysts said they will run the risk of lagging in the market and suffering higher costs.
Persistent habits, digitalisation drive continuous e-commerce growth in APAC
Euromonitor reports that e-commerce operators dominated its Top 10 Fastest-Growing Retailers list in the region.
F&B success seen in Family Mart Indonesia stores
Fast food and drinks rival grocery sales, averaging 50% of transactions in each store.